MDaemon 13.5.x: Configuring Windows 8 Mail and Surface Tablet to use MDaemon ActiveSync Server
Use this article to configure Windows 8 Mail and MDaemon's ActiveSync server.
The initial setup requires an SSL connection. You have the option to disable SSL once the account has been configured.
Windows 8 Mail requires a configuration of a Microsoft account first before any other account can be created. Start this KBA after the Microsoft account has been added.
- Launch the Mail Application
- Select Settings
- Select Accounts
- Select Add an account
- Select Outlook: Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com
- Select Show more details
- Enter in the User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information:
- E-mail address: Enter your full email address
- Server address: Enter your Hostname or IP address of your MDaemon server
- Domain: Enter your domain name (Everything after the @ sign in your email address)
- User Name: Enter your user name (Everything before the @ sign in your email address)
- Password: Enter your password
- Select Connect
KBA-02545: Trusting self signed certificate on a client machine
KBA-02280: How to run WorldClient, SyncML, BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) and ActiveSync Under IIS7 and IIS7.5
KBA-02297: How to run WorldClient, SyncML, BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) and ActiveSync under IIS6
KBA-02294: How to run WorldClient, SyncML, BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) and ActiveSync Under IIS5.1