How to Access the Public Spam-Trap Folder in MDaemon
This article explains how to access the MDaemon's Spam Trap public folder, as well as how to manage messages inside it, such as sending them onto the recipient.
There are two ways to access the spam-trap folder: via the MDaemon console itself, or WebAdmin.
To access the Spam Trap public folder via the MDaemon console, follow these instructions:
- Click the Queues tab
- Click the Spam Trap tab
Right-clicking on a message gives you the following options:
- Copy: This will copy the message to the chosen queue, and leave a copy behind.
- Move: This will move the message to the chosen queue, removing it from the spam-trap folder.
- Delete: This will delete the message completely.
- Release: This will move the message from the spam-trap queue directly to the recipient's folder.
- Re-Queue: This will move the message to the local or remote queue, depending on the recipient of the message, for further processing. Note this may result in the message being sent back to the spam-trap queue.
- Black List: This will add the sender's address to the spam-filter blacklist, under Setup | Spam Filter... | Black List (by sender).
- White List 'To': This will add the recipient to the spam-filter recipient whitelist, under Security | Spam Filter... | White List (by recipient).
- White List 'From': This will add the sender to the spam-filter sender whitelist, under Security | Spam Filter... | White List (by sender).
- Secure White List 'From': The same as above, but requiring the address to be listed in the Received: headers of the message.
- Bayesian Learn as Spam/Non-Spam: Copies the message to the Bayesian-learning spam/non-spam folder for addition to the database.
To access the spam-trap queue via WebAdmin, follow these instructions:
- Click on Spam Filter
- Click on Spam Trap Folder
You can then choose to view a message, delete it, or release it to the recipient, as well as release and copy the message to the Bayesian-learning non-spam folder.
Note that Spam Trap access via WebAdmin requires Global Administrator access.