How do I create a self signed certificate to include secondary domains for Webmail?
How do I create a self signed certificate that includes my secondary domains for WorldClient?
If you do not specify additional hosts, you will get a warning from your browser stating that the name on the certificate is invalid ('The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site').
To make sure that your SSL certificate covers all domains registered in MDaemon, follow these steps:
- Open the MDaemon console.
- Click Setup
- Click Web & IM Services...
- Select SSL & HTTPS under Webmail
- Select Create Certificate
- Under Alternative Host Names, put in all the secondary domains that are also covered under the SSL certificate, separated by commas.
- Click OK to create the self signed certificate.
Self signed certificates may not be accepted by certain clients and/or servers. Certificate warnings will be issued by clients as a self signed certificate cannot be verified.