(FAQ) What is required for MDaemon to consider a message RFC compliant?
What is required in order for MDaemon to consider a message RFC compliant?
In order to pass MDaemon's RFC compliance check messages must:
- Be greater than 32 bytes in size (the minimum size necessary to include all required parts)
- Have a DATE: header
- Have either a FROM: or a SENDER: header
- If present, there can be only one FROM: header
- If present, there can be only one SUBJECT: header
Messages can be exempt from compliance checks if:
- They are from authenticated sessions
- The compliance check is disabled
- They are from a trusted IP
- The FROM: is from a trusted domain