MDaemon Pre-Installation Information
The following instructions describe what you need to know and have before installing MDaemon for the first time.
MDaemon Server installs on any Microsoft or Windows 2000/XP/2003 (including 64-bit versions) computer system. SMTP and POP3 services require a Winsock compliant TCP/IP stack such as that which ships with Microsoft Windows. In addition, MDaemon requires that a Network Interface Card with a valid MAC address be present and enabled for installation and to operate. Before you install MDaemon you will need to know the following information:
- Your registration key if you have one.
- The drive you would like to install MDaemon on.
- How you are connected to the internet. (Dialup connection, ISDN, DSL,Cable,T1)
- Domain Name. (if you have one)
- IP address (internal or external) of the MDaemon server machine.
- IP address of your ISP’s POP3 server.
- IP address of your ISP’s SMTP server.
- IP Address of your ISP’s primary and backup DNS server.
- How you are collecting your mail (example: POP3 or SMTP).
- If you are collecting from a POP3 account you will need to know your username and password for your account at the ISP.
- How you would like to send outgoing mail (send all mail to the gateway host(ISP) or deliver mail directly).
- Which account you would like to act as the postmaster.
KBA-01718 MDaemon Installation Guide
KBA-01248 MDaemon Minimum System Requirements